Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice and relaxing weekend. Yesterday I finally got around to doing some much needed kitchen cabinet organization. You wouldn’t believe all of the random ingredients I accumulate over time. With so many half-empty bags of this and that, it was finally time to organize and put everything into labeled mason jars. I can’t tell you how much better it looks. Actually, it looks a bit like a candy store when you first open the cabinets. There is a jar of regular Milky Ways, next to a jar of Caramel Apple Milky Ways, next to a jar of Hot Cocoa Milky Ways- you get the picture. I have a little bit of a candy addiction. But at least now my addiction is organized.
After sharing these Chocolate Skeleton Cupcakes last week, I mentioned that I still had one more Halloween-inspired cupcake left to share. Here it is. These Graveyard Cupcakes are incredibly easy to make and would be the perfect addition to any Halloween party. I found a container of bone sprinkles at a local craft store, but they are completely optional if you can’t find them. Enjoy!
- 1 batch chocolate cupcakes (I used this recipe)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 Oreos, cream removed from the center
- 12 Milano cookies
- Black frosting pen
- White bone sprinkles (optional)
- To make the ganache, combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl set above a pot of barely simmering water. Allow the chocolate chips to melt completely, stirring occasionally throughout the process. Do not let the chocolate burn. Once melted and smooth, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a sealed plastic bag. Crush the Oreos using a rolling pin until finely ground. Pour the crushed Oreos into a small bowl.
- One at a time, dip the cupcakes into the chocolate ganache and allow the excess to drip off. Then dip each cupcake into the bowl of crushed Oreos. Make sure to evenly coat with the Oreo mixture.
- Cut off the bottom of each Milano cookie to form a straight edge. Using the black frosting pen, write "RIP" on each cookie. Place a cookie onto each cupcake and press down slightly. Stick bone sprinkles into the Oreo mixture if desired.