Happy Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend. Has anyone gone apple picking yet? My boyfriend and I are planning to go next weekend and I am really excited about it. I still haven’t done any apple baking yet this year and it is about time for that to change. Last year we waited until October to go apple picking and there were hardly any apples left on the trees. This year we are going a lot earlier so hopefully that means better apple picking conditions. What are your favorite apple recipes? I am always looking for new fall baking inspiration!
This weekend I did a lot of pumpkin baking, which shouldn’t be too much of a surprise given my love for all things pumpkin. But I also snuck in some time to make these Peanut Butter Oreo Blondies. Ever since I made Peanut Butter Oreo Cupcakes a few weeks ago, I have been obsessed with this flavor combination. I immediately started thinking about other things to make using these two flavors and ultimately settled on blondies. I started with a peanut butter blondie recipe and then added peanut butter chips and crushed Oreos to the batter. I planned to use regular Oreos, but then remembered a package of peanut butter Oreos I bought not too long ago. If you can’t find peanut butter Oreos, then you can just use the originals. With the combination of peanut butter and Oreos, you can’t go wrong either way!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup peanut butter Oreos, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan set oven medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly, until completely smooth. Remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter and stir until combined. Allow to cool completely.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the peanut butter mixture. Stir until combined. Pour the mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Gently fold until combined. Add the peanut butter chips and chopped Oreos, reserving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle any remaining peanut butter chips and Oreos on top of the batter. Lightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color. Do not overcook. Allow to cool completely in the pan before serving.
Source: Recipe adapted from Handle the Heat