Happy Friday! Do you all have any fun plans for the weekend? I don’t have too much going on but sometimes those are the best weekends. And anyways, next weekend I will be in Chicago so I definitely have a lot to look forward to and plan. If you have any recommendations for places to see or restaurants to check out, please let me know! You know I am always looking for a city’s best bakery.
I usually don’t post anything on Fridays, but I was really excited to share this Butterfinger Puppychow. Up until last week, I had never tried Puppychow, or Muddy Buddies as some people call them. But maybe that was a good thing because this Butterfinger Puppychow is one of the most addictive snacks I have ever had. I had to sent the rest of the bag into work with my boyfriend so that I wouldn’t eat it all. Given that I am a big-time snacker, I couldn’t keep my hand out of the bag. And now I can’t stop thinking about what flavor combination I should try next- any suggestions?
- 6 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate melts
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup Butterfingers, crushed
- Add the Chex cereal to a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the milk chocolate melts, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Melt in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir with a spoon and then put the bowl back in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Pour the mixture over the Chex cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Dump the entire mixture into a plastic bag, add the crushed Butterfingers and shake until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a cookie sheet and let cool completely.