TGIF. I don’t know about you guys, but I am so happy that the weekend is finally here. As I mentioned earlier in the year, it has been a busy few months for me. After starting a new job just three weeks ago, I am finally starting to get into the swing of things. However, I have to wake up really early to catch the train into Boston every morning, leaving me really tired by the end of the end. I find myself going to bed earlier and earlier each night. Hopefully once I move into the city I will be able to get into a better routine. With my busy schedule, it has been hard to find time to bake as often as I would like. I can’t go too long without baking though. Whenever it has been a few days I start to get the itch and inevitably find myself in the kitchen again.
These cookies were the result of one of my recent baking afternoons. You all know how I feel about pudding cookies, so I could’t wait to try out these Mini M&M Pudding Cookies. Like always, the pudding mix resulted in incredibly soft and delicious cookies. I love that these cookies are miniature in size, meaning that you can have more than one at a time without feeling guilty. Or at least that is how I choose to think about it. And with a yield of about four dozen cookies, you are certainly going to have a lot of cookies to eat.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups mini M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until light and creamy. Add the vanilla pudding mix. Continue mixing until fully combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Stop the mixer and add the M&M;s to the bowl. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Using a small scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.