Happy New Year! Along with every New Year comes New Years resolutions. Did you make any resolutions for this upcoming year? Most resolutions tend to focus on eating healthy and exercising more frequently. I never make any resolutions like that because let’s be honest, they are not going to happen. Give up eating cupcakes? No way. Cut back on the cookies? Doubtful. I mean I posted a cookie recipe on January 3rd so I can’t be too concerned with resolutions. For me, moderation is key. I always try to incorporate healthy foods into my diet, rather than eliminate certain foods all together. We all know I could never live without sweets.
Which brings us back to these cookies. I have said it before, but chocolate and peanut is one of my favorite combinations. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are rich and packed full of flavor. Not only are mini peanut butter cups folded into the batter, but there is also creamy peanut butter added to the chocolate base. I always think that more peanut butter is better and I loved the flavor combination of these soft cookies.
Although I don’t really make New Years resolutions, I do have a lot of goals related to my blog in 2013. First, I want to incorporate more savory recipes and dinner ideas into my blog posts. In addition to all of the baking I do each week, I also love to cook. I can’t wait to share more recipes with you in the upcoming year. I also hope to make the website even better and more user friendly. The beginning of 2013 is going to be a busy few months for me, but I really want to make my blog priority. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
- 1½ cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and creamy.Add the egg, vanilla and milk. Mix until fully incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix until just incorporated. Turn the mixer off. Add the peanut butter cups. Mix with a spatula until fully combined.
- Divide the dough into approximately 3 tablespoon balls and place each ball onto the prepared baking sheets. Gently press down on the balls to flatten them slightly. Press a few peanut butter cups on top of each ball.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until the edges are set. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.