This drink is sure to impress all of your friends on Halloween night. When I first saw it in a magazine a few weeks ago, I thought it was really fun but didn’t know how easy it would be to get all of the different layers to stay on top of one another. Well it turns out it isn’t hard at all. The key is to place a wooden spoon over the gelatin layer and gently pour the orange soda onto the back of the wooden spoon. I know this might sound weird, but trust me it works!
I didn’t have any extra candy corn around the house or else I would have added some to the top of the pitcher. You definitely don’t need to do that though, this drink is fun enough on its own. I especially think that kids would enjoy this candy corn drink.
And did I mention how easy it is to make? I have been so busy in the kitchen the past two days, baking halloween themed desserts and something to bring to my boyfriend’s mom’s birthday party this weekend. It was nice to at have at least one recipe that was not only easy to put together, but also easy to clean up. That it is the best part 🙂
- 1 4-serving size package of lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups mango nectar
- 3½ cups orange carbonated beverage, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a large bowl, combine the boiling water and gelatin. Stir with a spoon until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the mango nectar. Pour the entire mixture into a clear 2-quart pitcher and place in the refrigerator to chill for about 2 hours. The mixture should thicken but not set.
- Take a wooden spoon and hold it above the gelatin mixture. Gently pour the orange soda over the back of the wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the whipping cream and honey. Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Either pipe or spoon the the mixture on top of the drink.
- Before serving, stir to mix all of the layers.